Business Development & Growth Specialist
Who is humanworks8 and whatâ€™s the story behind this role?
humanworks8 is a workplace culture and leadership consultancy in Milwaukee, WI. Since launching in 2019, humanworks8 has worked alongside business leaders and owners to guide and facilitate culture development, talent optimization, leadership development and strategic planning. We were founded by four former Human Resources professionals, now supporting clients both locally and nationwide, including Penfield Childrenâ€™s Center, Miron Construction Co., and Century Aluminum, among many other non-profit organizations, privately-held companies and start-up businesses.
What makes us unique is our teamâ€™s combination of experience, instincts and unique abilities, combined with our people-centric philosophy – The 8 – and proven practices. Each client engagement is unique, customized with coaching and tools unique to the business need.
Our Reason for existing is to bring work to life and life to work, and weâ€™re seeking a fifth person to join our team, who has a passion for that Reason along with proven success in Business Development & Growth. This role will play a critical part in developing new relationships, nurturing existing targets, leads and abundance partners, and ultimately growing our client base.
What will this role be responsible for?
Lead Generation & Relationship Management
- Identifying and reaching out to target clients
- Nurturing existing and new relationships
- Managing all leads, including those from speaking engagements and events
- Using HubSpot CRM daily to track contacts, tasks and communications
Business Development Strategy & Planning
- Creating business development opportunities
- Defining and editing business development processes that result in leads
- Communicating with humanworks8 team to guide business development tactics and reporting metrics
Expand Brand Awareness & Recognition
- Participating in face-to-face networking events and 1:1 meetings
- Identifying and maximizing opportunities with abundance relationships
Sales Process from Pitch to Signed Agreement
- Nurturing prospective clients from initial connection forward
- Presenting pitches and proposals, closing retainer agreements
- Maintaining connection with former clients and former opportunities
The next member of the humanworks8 team will:
- Clarify specifics of humanworks8 services, explain the context, and respond appropriately
- Maintain order, replicate patterns, and meet needs for closure with adaptability
- Take on challenges, improvise when problem solving, and brainstorm possibilities and alternatives
- Be engaging, demonstrate the tangible value of humanworks8 coaching and consulting services
What are we looking for in applicants for this role?
- A passion for workplace culture and leadership development
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development, sales or related fields
- Ability to think strategically, drive results and grow the business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, used for e-mail communication, pitches, etc.
- Ability to confidently build and nurture relationships with top leaders and business owners
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills for effective networking, pitch conversations and relationship management
- â€śBatteries Included,â€ť self-motivated mentality around development and performance
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Preferred – Experience with using a CRM, such as HubSpot, to manage contacts
This full-time position is based out of the humanworks8 HQ in Bayside, WI and requires travel to business development engagements and client locations as assigned.
The humanworks8 team recognizes 10 paid holidays and demonstrates our core value of Breathe through offering hybrid work and self-managed vacation time.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.